Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Fun

Finished the backing for my Christmas Tumbler quilt…Sunday112611 004

using up old fabrics that I have no idea how they got in my stashSunday112611 005

and then got the binding all made.Sunday112611 007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of binding, I finished up the binding on a charity quilt.  It was a big quilt and will hopefully give warmth and comfort to someone.Sunday112611 003

For another charity project, ConKerr Cancer, I made this bright pillow case using some old Mary Engelbreit fabric.Sunday112611 008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every year I see this (tacky?) red, white and green Christmas yarn and every year I stick my nose up in the air and don’t buy it.  I’m much too sophisticated to add such cheap yarn to my stash, I think.  Well, this year I decided I was old enough to be tacky if I want and so I purchased a skein.  It has made me happy and I’m loving knitting it into a simple scarf.  It has a sparkly silver strand running through the yarn that shines and winks at me as I knit. 

Sunday112611 009

I hope you had a fun Sunday afternoon like I did, and that you find some sparkle and winks in your life too.

Bonnie

(P.S. – please visit my niece’s blog to see her wonderful counted cross-stitch stockings.)

No comments: