Sunday, July 4, 2010

07/04/10 - Food

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter and a small bowl of blueberries

Lunch - out with the family - Red Lobster. A biscuit of course, a side salad, and 1/2 of a lobster pizza appetizer.

Supper was awful. Sometimes I can be the worst cook in America. I fried up some Trader Joe's vegetable rice (it is a frozen product) to which I was going to add some broccoli. However, I discovered that the package I purchased from TJs was not the usual vegetable rice I have enjoyed before, but instead it was curried vegetable rice. It had a slight spicy curry flavor balanced with raisins. I didn't think the broccoli went with this, so I cooked the broccoli separately in the microwave. I should have steamed the broccoli. I must have overcooked it because it was awful - almost chewy and stale tasting. The broccoli got thrown out. I ate the rice. Then, even though I was no longer hungry, I felt like a small bowl of rice was not enough for a meal and I grabbed a sample package of cinnamon cereal that came with the newspaper and snacked on that while watching TV. Later I topped off this gourmet meal with a Baby Bel Light cheese.

No comments: