Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Decorations

This cuddly pot-bellied little snowman is watching the world go by from the vantage point of my dining room table. That is a soft flannel quilt on the table, made many years ago. I love all the smiling faces of the snowmen.
My fireplace looks inviting on this cold December day. Two beautiful poinsettia plants add Christmas color.
Last year I went all out with Christmas Decorations - a big tree and decorations in every room. This year I'm keeping it simple and easy. After a small health problem and surgery, I'm ready to sit back, relax, and enjoy my quiet home. Thankfully I'm doing well, feeling great, and fully recovered. This year I will enjoy the season, hearing the story of the birth of Jesus, the music, the colors, the family parties, the food, and finally a big family wedding on December 29th. Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la.
Today I am grateful for the color red. (And green.)

4 comments:

MB said...

Nice rearrangement of the "decor"!!! I love the fire ... I can imagine being there and enjoying the coziness with you!

Sara said...

Today I am grateful that you are recovering well!! Look forward to seeing you later this month.

Jeanne said...

Hi Bonnie,
I'm glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery!
Your decorations look cozy and inviting! I hope you have a lovely holiday season.
Hugs ~ Jeanne

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Hi Bonnie, I love your simple but warm decorations, you have the right idea! Next time I see you can I see the flannel snowman table quilt? I started one, many years ago...it's a UFO. Maybe seeing yours will help me finish!