Friday, August 29, 2008

Using Fabric

For the past few days I have been wanting to dig into my fabrics and pull things for Judy's Labor Day challenge. This afternoon I had some time so I rummaged around for a focus fabric and finally found this graphic print (center of the blocks) that I had purchased on sale to use as a backing. There will be enough to make plenty of blocks and have leftover for whatever Judy designs for the border. The fabric also lends itself to picking many different colors for the sashing. In addition to the colors above, I have blues, darker greens, other reds, pinks, golds and yellows. These six blocks were very easy to make so I am anticipating that I can get all the blocks done this weekend.

I was also thinking that it could be done in a scrappy manner with different centers. My scrap bin is screaming for some patterns like this to help empty it quickly.

2 comments:

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Wow, your colors are fabulous! What a great block for using up fabrics.

MB said...

Love it! And love your new blog layout! Bright and easy to read!