Monday, June 1, 2009

Peonies

Every year the peonies come and go before I even notice them because they are on the narrow side yard where I seldom look. This year I have been watching and today I snipped off the blooms on the peony bush. The blooms were enormous, weighing the branches down so that the flowers were facing into the dirt. In order to arrange these heavy blooms, I had to cut the stems very short and crowd them together in a short vase. The color is a soft peach with gold highlights. There are still two big peony plants not yet in bloom and I can see that the flowers will be a deep burgandy color. There are at least fifty buds waiting to bloom.

"........even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."
Matthew 6:29 RSV


3 comments:

MB said...

Mine are already past their prime and none of them had this gorgeous peach color. Glad you brought some insidet to enjoy!

Shasta said...

These are beautiful - I haven't seen any this color.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, they are beautiful - Deb, Australia