Friday, September 11, 2009

Smells from my kitchen.......

No sewing or stitching today, but I was busy in the kitchen for part of the day, baking cookies for a church reception tomorrow. I made my two favorite kinds of cookies - peanut butter (in the aluminum pan) and peanut marshmallow clusters which are more like candy than cookies. My kitchen smells like peanut butter and sugar. Yum.
The day after Labor Day I worked at church substituting for the secretary so that she could take an extra day of vacation. She gave me this wonderful acorn shaped candle as a thank you gift. It smells like apples and cinnamon. Another Yum.
Don't you just love the smells of Autumn? Sure wish it would cool down around here so that I can have a fire in my fireplace, make some popcorn, heat up some cider, burn this acorn candle, and put a jigsaw puzzle together. Sounds heavenly.

1 comment:

Randy said...

I want some cookies. Do you deliver?