Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tuesday evening I took the final class on how to do the cut work for this Six Hem Sampler by Indigo Rose. Now I am working on adding the beads and hope to complete it tomorrow. The original design is done with teal blues and rose pinks. Fortunately for me, the shop was out of those colors and I was forced to choose another color-way. I love Fall colors, so I chose greens and rusts, and the Waterlilies silk used for the letters is called Rainforest. I'm pleased with the end result and will spend the additional money to have it framed.

Between the counted cross-stitch and knitting a baby blanket for my great-niece who is expecting her first baby, quilting has been put to the side. On September 14th I blogged about a batik crazy nine-patch that I was working on and below is a picture of the tree fabric I had in my stash for ages that will be part of this quilt also. I love this tree fabric and have been waiting to find just the right place in which it could be showcased. I hope to get this top done over the weekend.

It is a good thing to have so many projects from which to choose. It would be even better to blog about things I have finished!

1 comment:

MB said...

That is incredibly delicate work! You are so talented!!