Saturday, February 12, 2011

Winter hibernation

Yes, I have been hibernating.  We had a huge winter storm, it has been cold, and I have been curling up at home, enjoying my cozy space.

The thought of writing about my eating, weight struggle, etc., has been hibernating too.  Oh boy - it is just too easy to say to myself, "tomorrow".  I have continued to stop eating when I am full, but my food choices have not been good.

Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's to get some lettuce.  I had not been to a grocery store in over a week and badly needed fresh greens.  The salad I made last night was especially good because I had not had a salad in quite a while.

Tonight I had "Reduced Guilt Mac and Cheese".

Usually I am so disappointed with frozen "diet" macaroni and cheese.  It is almost always watery and has that fake cheese taste.  This Trader Joe's item though is a different story.  It was very, very good.  I was not in the least disappointed.  It was hearty, filling, looked like the picture on the package, and had a wonderful comfort-food taste.  Some people might want more salt, but I prefer it just the way it came out of the package.  I will get this again.

No comments: