Monday, May 5, 2008

Quilting with the young people

The young people at my church are working on projects to earn some money. My friend Lindsay and I decided to help them make two Christmas crazy 9-patch quilts as auction items. We had two sewing sessions with the young people and they managed to get some blocks completed and most of the blocks on their way to completion. Above are some of the finished blocks randomly placed on my design wall. The next step is to sew the blocks together and add a few borders. Lindsay and I will do this finishing-up process.
The kids seemed to enjoy using the machines and even enjoyed the ironing process. The hardest part for them was getting fairly straight quarter inch seams. Fortunately, this crazy 9-patch pattern is very forgiving and the kids can be proud of their work.

No comments: