Saturday, May 24, 2008

Quilting

This quilt (Turnstile, as published in the May/June 2004 issue of Fons and Porter Love of Quilting magazine, design by Kay Kingsley of Indiana) is completed, quilted and bound, and being donated to my church for a fundraiser. With that project completed, it was time to get back to my Road to Indy quilt. I was very proud of the fact that I had made all 96 half-square triangles and decided to lay them out on the design wall. That is when I discovered that I didn't have anywhere near enough. Oops. I went back to my calculations and realized that I should have doubled the amount. I needed 192 half-square triangles. I did not have enough background material to do these additional pieces, so I went through my stash and found another that will blend well (I hope). For this amount of half-square triangles I use Triangle Paper. As you can see below, my paper is old (from 1991) and has been through a flood. It still works though and because it is old and brittle, it tears off very easily. (Smile)

Here are the two background fabrics. From a galloping horse no one will know there are two different fabrics.
I hope everyone is having a good weekend with plenty of time to sew, read, and enjoy time with your family.