Thursday, February 12, 2009

Almost finished

The blocks and the rows are all sewn together for my Come-On-A-My-House quilt. It is too big to fit on my design wall and I couldn't seem to get the whole thing in my camera viewer. I'll try for a better picture once the borders are on. The first border - the framing border - will be the dark brown. The outer border is still not determined for sure yet. I promised myself I would only take fabrics from my stash, but this red (an old Debbie Mumm print) is the only fabric that comes close to being OK. I'm still thinking about it. I have a gift certificate burning a whole in my purse and just may give in and use it to purchase border fabric. I'm giving myself some time to mull it over.
The picture on the pattern shows a red print border but the picture is small enough that I cannot determine if the print is flowers or just a design. I have been thinking "flowers" all along and maybe that is why I'm not 100% sure on the fabric from my stash.
Do you have an opinion?


1 comment:

MB said...

I love this quilt! All the houses look so homey and comfortable! I could live in any of them! This is gorgeous work!