Friday, September 2, 2011

Finished “Jelly Roll” Christmas Quilt

Took the last stitch in the binding of this “Jelly Roll” quilt today.

IMG_1176

My “Jelly Roll” quilt is made from leftover strips of green, red and  gold – some Christmas fabrics, but most are not.  (It looks wavy because of the uneven way I hung it.)

Here is a closeup of the quilting (done by Country Threads in Garner Iowa) and the striped binding (also leftover Christmas fabric).

IMG_1178

And the back made with more leftovers.

IMG_1179

Next project on my list is some machine quilting.  I am once again practicing and determined to get more comfortable at free-motion quilting.  Just like any other skill, it takes lots of practice, and that’s what I’m working on for the Labor Day Weekend.  Practice, practice, practice.

Bonnie

No comments: