Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Feeling miserable…

with a terrible cough and a sore throat.  I’m taking medicine that just has not kicked in yet so the racking cough has me exhausted and feeling very sorry for myself.  Not feeling well enough to sew or knit, the day passes by slowly and I cannot find anything to perk me up.  Then my eye happened to glance over at the window sill in the kitchen and I saw two pops of red.  What?  Oh my goodness – my Christmas cactus has two flowers on it!!!!

Christmas Cactus 004

This restores my faith that I too will bloom again – and soon I hope.

Bonnie

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather.... anything I can do to help?
Will call you tomorrow to check your progress.
Love,
Becky

Nancie said...

Bonnie, I hope you are feeling better and can enjoy your quilting this week. Found your Blog through the Mustard Seed and have enjoyed reading yours and your niece's Blog.
The Quilt of Valor is beautiful.