Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nice words

Yesterday I took a boat ride on Geneva Lake (Wisconsin) with church friends.  We were on the upper deck of the famous mail boat where the wind blew and we sat shivering in our summer jackets.

Forgetting about the fierce wind and it’s affect on my hair, I was surprised to see myself in the Ladies' Room mirror with my fly-away hair-do.  “Oh no!” I exclaimed.  The woman at the end, washing her hands, asked, “what’s wrong?”  I said, “my hair is a mess!”   She said, “Gee, I was just thinking how beautiful you look.”

I’ll carry those nice words with me for a long time.

Bonnie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And she was right !!

Lesley

Becky said...

Of course you looked lovely.... You are great aunt Bonnie!!!

Christine said...

Perspective is everything!