Thursday, July 17, 2008

Measure, Cut, Turn, Cut, Measure, etc.

20 houses made of 31 pieces each means lots of measuring and cutting with my trusty rotary cutter, mat and rulers. Persistence pays off as I count up the final pile of pieces.
Now everything is packed and labeled. This project is going with me to my Quilt Retreat next week. Even if I work constantly on this project for the whole retreat, I probably cannot finish it, so I don't even plan on trying. I'll work until I get bored and then work on another project.
Now I have to decide which of the other projects (unfinished and waiting in the wings) I will take on the retreat.

Today I am grateful for -
1. Air Conditioning
2. Persistence
3. Phone calls and E-Mails from friends.
4. Caller ID so that I am not annoyed by the unwanted calls.
5. Sweet, sweet red grapes.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love house quilts - this one is going to look great.

Julie said...

Wow, Bonnie that is a beautiful kit! I hope you'll share pictures of the blocks as they're completed!