Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lady Bug

This little book cover with the paper-pieced lady bug was made for my cousin. In posting this picture I realized that I completely forgot to add the bugs antenna. Oops. To tell you the truth, I made so many mistakes in constructing the book cover it was laughable. I cut things incorrectly, sewed them together incorrectly and unsewed at least three times. The back has a stripe down one side because I messed up so badly with the cutting directions and ended up having to add a piece in order to make everything the right dimensions. I was pleased though when it was all finished. I will just have to ask my cousin to bring it when she next visits and I will embroider the antenna on to the bugs head.

Today I am grateful for -
1. Subway sandwiches and sugar-free apple pie
2. Playing with fabric scraps
3. Getting Bonnie Hunter's book (Scraps & Shirttails) in the mail.

No comments: