Monday, January 19, 2009

A little time for sewing today......

Ever since I made this mini quilt I was not happy with how it looked. It just didn't come out how I had envisioned. I really wanted the batik fabric to be the focus, but the yellow dot fabric kind of took over as the dominant color. Today I appliqued three little pieces of the batik fabric onto the yellow to tone it down a bit and take the focus away from the yellow a little. I like it better now. Even though there are three unfinished projects on my table (not to mention the 30 or more UFOs tucked away in containers), I started on a new project idea today. This flower fabric appealed to me perhaps because outside there is nothing but snow and cold, cold weather.

My visiting cats make a sweet picture cuddled up on the sofa. Black & white cats on a colorful quilt..........lovely.



No comments: