Thursday, January 7, 2010

A day of sewing........

Here are the simple blocks I made with the Cherrywood fabric - two strips 2-1/2 X 4-1/2.Since I did not want to plan out the quilt, I put all the blocks in a container, mixed them up, and blindly pulled them out as I sewed them together. This is not easy for me! I usually like things symmetrical and planned.
However, the finished product is quite nice I think. From a distance this fabric almost looks like suede.
There are two yards of the darker color that I will use for a narrow border and the binding. I hope to get that done tomorrow.
Taking a break from my sewing today, I finished up this piece.
Acorn Hill
by Little House Needleworks
stitched on Vintage Lakeside Linen - color Navy Bean
using Crescent Colours and one Belle Soie (Sister Scarlet)

It is a snowy day here in the Midwest and I am lucky enough to be able to watch it all from my front window. It sure is pretty when you don't have to drive.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVE the layout! Looks to me like it was planned that way!

MB said...

The quilt is yummy! Maybe less planning is a good thing some times!!!

BrendaS said...

I love your Acorn Hill finish. Are you going to frame it or frame it with quilting? I love your "new" quilt studio. How is it working?

Brenda