Sunday, January 3, 2010

Stitching along

Athough I was determined to finish this Little House Needleworks piece - Acorn Hill - in 2009, I didn't make it. I ran out of the thread for the lettering and can't get to the LNS until next Tuesday. So it will get finished in 2010.
In the mean time, I promised myself that I would start the Carriage House "Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow" in 2010 and hopefully finish the five blocks I want to do (as a bell pull) by the end of the year. The smallest count fabric on which I can see to stitch is 28 count and since this piece calls for 40 count, mine will be much bigger and will therefore look better with fewer blocks. And since I am a quilter, I thought doing the song blocks as a bell pull/wall hanging would be good for me.
My dear friend, Brenda, who is a master stitcher, has started a blog - brendastitching.blogspot.com. Yes! ! ! Please visit her blog and see some of her beautiful work - and her wonderful stitching room. She is highly organized and a constant inspiration to me.

No comments: