Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Tumbler

The Christmas Tumbler blocks I cut a while back are now all sewn together in rows. 
Christmas Tumbler 003
The very dark green tumblers make the whole quilt look rather dreary so I think I will add a bright border to spice it up a bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever purchased a whole bolt of fabric?  I was worried that I might not have enough of the main fabric for my cousins quilts, so I bought a whole bolt.  The bolt is not that big – only 11 yards – but it insures that I will have enough for the sashing and borders.  Any leftover can be used for pillow cases or part of the backing.
Christmas Tumbler 001
I wanted to cut into the fabric and make some sample blocks, but I restrained myself to make some progress on the Christmas Tumbler.  There are so many good choices of things to work on right now – and temptations to start other new projects. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Penny is commencing on a new counted cross-stitch project – Quaker Christmas II Songs of the Season by ByGone Stitches.  It is huge and beautiful.  I will encourage her to not only “commence”, but to “continue” and finally to “finish”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I’m grateful for plenty of time to sew and read.
Bonnie

2 comments:

MB said...

Gorgeous!! I will have the prettiest guest room in the world!!!!!

Penny said...

Thank You Bonnie!!