Monday, November 14, 2011

Old UFO Finished

Today I put the last stitch on the binding for this UFO from several years ago.  I’ve lost all the information about the fabric and the pattern, but I seem to remember that the fabric line was titled “Oak Leaves and Reel”.

Oak Leaves & Reel 001

 

My friend Moe quilted it for me and I love that she used red thread.

Oak Leaves & Reel 004

 

The back is pieced with stash scraps.

Oak Leaves & Reel 005

 

So nice to have this finished and ready for using on my lap.

Oak Leaves & Reel 007

 

It will live on the rocker in my bedroom where I sometimes read, stitch, or knit.

Oak Leaves & Reel 009

It is November and I am happy to discover that I have finished up 12 UFO’s in 2011 so far, threw out one that was a mess, and three are at the long-arm quilter right now.  (We won’t mention the 15 other UFO’s on the list, nor the promised two quilts for my cousin.  There will be plenty to do in 2012!)

Today I am very grateful for quilting blog friends who never fail to inspire me – Judy L.,  Bonnie H.,  Jeanne A. just to name a few.

Bonnie

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awww, thanks!
I'm trying to be more inspirational these days :)
Jeanne

MB said...

Love the new quilt! Makes me eyes go goofy and that's part of the fun of it!! Congrats on 12 UFO's in 2011 - I think that's fabulous. My two quilts aren't UFO's but "orders"!!!!

Lisa said...

Oh I like this, the way it moves.