Saturday, April 28, 2012

Photo Session

My friend Christine came to my house yesterday to practice her photography skills.  She asked if she could take pictures of some of my quilts and of me.  Even though I’m rarely pleased with pictures of myself, I let her snap pictures for several hours – some 300 photos.  She will edit the photos and put them all on a thumb drive for me, and I will post them on future blog posts.
In the meantime, here is one picture she emailed to me of my design wall.
DSC_0232

The fabric in the center of most of the blocks (black with primary colored numbers) is a fabric I choose and distributed to members of our Bee group.  Each person made a block for me using that piece of fabric. (The little notes on each block is to remind me of who made the block.)  I’m thinking of sashing the blocks with the black and green striped fabric with a yellow fabric for the cornerstones.  I have a co-coordinating black fabric with primary colored letters to use as a border.  This is the first layout I have tried.  I will let my Bee group make suggestions for improvements or other choices – and of course I welcome ideas from blog readers/lurkers!
Bonnie

3 comments:

Christine said...

:)

Jennifer Woo said...

Beautiful! They will come together with the sashing.

Vicki H. said...

What a lovely collection of blocks. The colors are quite beautiful and the black sets them off nicely.