Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookies

The women in our church raise money every year to give to certain charities and the way the money is raised is by selling Christmas cookies.  We bake over 10,000 cookies, filling the tables in our Fellowship Hall.  People buy boxes, get a plastic glove for their hand, and walk around the Fellowship hall filling their box/boxes with a wonderful assortment of cookies.


Since our church is small, we depend on all of the women to make cookies.  Even me!  I am NOT a baker.  I dread the cookie making time because my decorating skills leave a lot to be desired.  I can make peanut butter cookies from a package but those kinds of cookies are not acceptable for the Cookie Walk.  They want fancy cookies - decorated cookies. 


Today was the day to get down to business and make my cookies.  I set my goal at four batches.  They are all done and on trays and ready for the Cookie Walk.  


So why am I writing about this?  Because it is IMPOSSIBLE to make cookies without licking a spoon, or licking a finger, or tasting a broken cookie.  After four batches in which I did all of the above, I was sick of that sugary taste.  I'm not used to eating so much sugar or sweet stuff, and I was feeling like all my efforts to eat sensibly were lost in one afternoon of cookie baking.


Therefore, I decided to skip having my supper.  Certainly I had consumed enough calories for two extra meals at least.  I did not need to add another meal to the calorie count for the day.  It is very unusual for me to go without a meal, but a glass of milk seemed sufficient enough.


Next year I am going to plan a vacation for the week of the Cookie Walk! 

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

Come visit me !!!!