Thursday, December 2, 2010

Impunity

Today I was reading a blog in which the writer said she was going to "eat with impunity" in 2011.  I'm assuming she meant that she would eat whatever she wanted and not worry about it.


I think that is probably what she meant, but I looked up the definition of the word "impunity" and the common definition is "freedom from punishment".


If I eat whatever I want and don't worry about it - guess what happens?  I gain weight - I get fatter - my clothes don't fit - I look bloated - I feel sad.  Therefore, freedom from punishment would not be the result of eating with impunity.  Eating with impunity (freedom from punishment) therefore must mean that I eat thoughtfully so that I am free from gaining weight and adding fat to my body.  Eating thoughtfully keeps me free from the punishment that overeating creates.



1 comment:

LouAnn said...

You entry on choices is excellant !!!!