Thursday, July 7, 2011

Getting things done

Finished…..
IMG_1064
Jardin Prive – Quaker aux Chefs – stitched on Jazlyn 28ct. Ivory using Weeks Dye Works Turkish Red #2266
After finishing the above piece, I decided it was time to get back to quilting.  I stood in my Quilting Studio and looked around.  My long, long list of unfinished quilts did not interest me at all.  Instead I heard a charm pack - Moda’s Cherish Nature by Deb Strain - calling me.
I purchased the charm pack because this green square was on top.
IMG_1070
I love the olive/sage green color and purchased the package based on the top square.  Today when I opened it up and looked at all the squares, the predominate colors were turquoise and brown – not my colors at all.  However, I decided to put them all together in a simple modern quilt.
IMG_1067
I got about half of it sewn together and I am pleased with the the way it looks.
This is my very favorite pattern of all the squares.
IMG_1068
Now it is time to get some more knitting done.
Bonnie

1 comment:

MB said...

The red stitching is so elegant! Will you do more? Is this a "one and done" or a set in the making??? Just luscious!