Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weekend fun

Once I got the binding done on friend Lindsay’s second quilt,

IMG_1056

it was time to do something different.  Since I had lunch with my friend Brenda the other day, I have been itching to start a new counted cross-stitch project. 

IMG_1059-1

I am thoroughly enjoying stitching this little piece – all in one color.  Weeks Dye Works, Turkish Red , #2266. 

After sitting for such a long time I decided to head downstairs to my cutting table and get going on another few blocks from The Farmer’s Wife – blocks 5 & 6. 

IMG_1061

Block #5 – looks easy, right?  Not that many seams.  Confident that I could whip this baby up in no time, I proceeded and made every mistake possible.  Rip, rip, rip.  Block #6 went together without any problems except that as with all the other blocks, they do not come out to 6-1/2 unfinished.  Every single block is a smidge off from the other blocks.  If (and that is a BIG IF) I ever get to the place of putting this quilt together, the sashing is going to be very important in squaring up the blocks accurately.

Back to my red stitching…………..

2 comments:

MB said...

That red stitching is gorgeous!!!!!

BrendaS said...

Love your little quaker piece. The red is just gorgeous.