Monday, October 22, 2012

Gift Quilts

Keeping a secret is not easy.  I made four quilts for my four friends that visit twice a year.  They call me the Queen and I call them my Princesses.  They have been coming for some 35 years now and we talk, laugh, eat and shop until we are exhausted and/or invigorated.  This year I arranged for a photography session in which I would give them the quilts I made - Christmas quilts.

Here are the gals with their quilts, and I am in the middle with the quilt I made out of gifted fabric from the photographer!  Notice that we are wearing our crowns.
Tumbleweeds with quilts

There is always one crazy thing that happens each visit and this time it was our restaurant choices.  Wednesday night we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen at Woodfield, Friday night we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen at Deer Park, and Saturday night we ate at the California Pizza Kitchen in downtown Arlington Heights.  We kinda like California Pizza Kitchen!

Today I got a picture from one of the gals showing her quilt placed on the back of her sofa with Tiki guarding it.
Tiki and quilt

What fun it is to surprise friends with the gift of a quilt.  I’m not rich with money, but I sure am rich with a wonderful family and wonderful friends.

signature

2 comments:

BrendaS said...

Oh what fun Bonnie! Fabulous quilts -- you all look wonderful:)

Becky said...

Glad that you were able to sunrise them with the quilts. They came out beautiful