Friday, November 30, 2012

Bread

Have you seen the ads on TV for this no-knead bread?

photo (24)

It is no secret that I love bread – grainy, crusty, heavy bread.  Yum yum.  Therefore I purchased this new product and made this bread today.  The yeast mixture (according to the directions) was supposed to foam.  Mine didn’t.  The dough was supposed to rise, just a little.  If mine rose, it was imperceptible.  However, I went ahead and baked it for the full time suggested.  It is very heavy and very crusty.   It doesn’t look like the picture on the box at all.  However, it truly was easy and quick – and filled with house with that wonderful bread-baking scent. 

Yes, I tasted a small piece while it was still warm, and loved it.  A little butter melting on a warm piece of bread right out of the oven……………..oh my, so good.

signature

No comments: