Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Old tree



This old tree that lives in my side yard faithfully blossoms in the spring with beautiful white blossoms.  Every year I think that it won't bloom.  The tree seems partially dead in some of the center sections and by the end of the summer it looks tired and ready to give up.  The next year April comes and the other trees start to show specks of green - but this tree has black, gnarled branches.  There is no green showing and I fear that I will have to call the tree removal people.  Then a few days later I walk out to the garage, glance to my left, and am totally surprised to see the tree in full bloom.  It seems to happen overnight.

As soon as it rains, all the blossoms will be gone, and I will have to wait another year for the miracle to happen again.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be that beautiful at least once a year?

1 comment:

MB said...

This is the tree talking ... Most of the year I look pretty old and awful. Luckily I still have enough energy to produce the springtime surprise for my owner Bonnie. But I'm so vulnerable ... a wind or rain will wipe me out but I'll try to hold on as long as I can to give her the joy she deserves. How I wish I could be like Bonnie ... beautiful all year long!!!