Friday, May 6, 2011

Problem and Solution

My cousin made a quilt and gave it to me to bind.  She is pretty new to quilting so I was not surprised when I found a common mistake - her backing fabric did not completely cover two opposite corners of the quilt.  Of course the easy solution was to make a label to cover one corner, but what could I do about the other corner?  I tried to figure out how to patch some backing fabric, but it all seemed like a lot of work for a tiny little mistake.  Then it came to me - make another label  (see below) that celebrates her free spirit and sense of humor.
(Click on picture to enlarge)

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

I'm the cousin... :<) and usually fly by the seat of my pants...thus, not enough material...very typical of me...thanks to my cousin quilter extrodinaire who came up with such a creative idea...Oops should be my middle name... :,)