Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Blessings…

Today is my birthday (I’m almost as old as the hills), and I have been touched by all the greetings – via email, Facebook, snail mail, at church, gifts at my doorstep and flowers.

When I got home from church today, there was a package on my door with this adorable heart-shaped scrappy fabric wreath made with love by my wonderful niece.  I think it looks outstanding on my bedroom door.

IMG_1132

There are fabrics from my niece’s stash and from my sister’s stash.  There are new fabrics and old fabrics.  The one that stuck out and made me smile is this one…..

IMG_1133

What aunt wouldn’t want to get something from her niece that says “you rock”! 

Many thanks to my family and friends for all the smiles you gave me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a little quilt (table topper) that I made with a package of charm squares – Moda’s Mother Goose & Friends by Terry Clothier Thompson.  The fabrics around it are possible border fabrics – if I decide to do a border.  It may be done as is, in which case those fabrics could become the backing.

IMG_1135

Hmmmm – my design wall could use a new covering.  This one is coated in threads.  Well used, you might say.

Bonnie

3 comments:

BrendaS said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie! Very nice wreath and I love your little quilt:)))

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Hay....happy birthday Bonnie!!!

MB said...

What a lovely gift from Becky!!! And she's right ... you do "ROCK"!!!