Monday, August 1, 2011

More Farmer’s Wife

These Farmer’s Wife blocks are addicting because they are small and quickly done.  Of course I am picking all the easy ones to do.

Bocks #9 and #10 – Box and Bowtie

IMG_1106

On  blogs that are also doing The Farmer’s Wife, there are some that are using a specific line of fabric, and some that are using a particular color scheme. 

I’m using scraps from my scrap bins.  There is no color scheme, nor rhyme or reason to my fabric choices.  The fabric for every block has been chosen on my whim or fancy for that day.  Here are my scrap bins.

IMG_1107

There is plenty to choose from and each block requires only a small amount of fabric.  It is fun to pick through the scraps and try to remember when I used each fabric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day I cleaned out all my book shelves, taking out all the books I have read and am ready to donate or sell, and re-arranging all the unread books in a pleasing manner.  There were so many unread books that I made a vow to not purchase another book until I had read at least half of the books in my home.  (There were 85 unread books which means I would have to read at least 42 books.)  That vow lasted one week.  I read one book, then purchased four at the used book store, another two on-line, added one free Kindle book and one purchased Kindle book.  I have GOT to learn how to read faster!!!!

Bonnie

2 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

good idea to use scraps for your blocks...I like what you are doing!!

MB said...

Bowtie always looks like dog bone to me!! Guess my quilting perspective leaves something to be desired.