Monday, August 22, 2011

Project progress

Block #3 of Christmas At Hawk Run Hollow – progress so far.

IMG_1148

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the quilting front, I am enjoying using my friend’s Accuquilt Go Cutter and have started a tumbler block quilt.  It began as a dark green block and the dot fabric seen below, but the contrast was too great and not pleasing to the eye.  So I switched to fall leaf fabrics instead and am happy with the result. 

IMG_1149

A closer look at some of the leaf fabrics….

IMG_1151

A huge storm came my way on Saturday and the whole neighborhood was without power for 14 hours.  By the dim light from the front window, I was able to work on binding for my friend and got one of her quilts finished.  The only sufficient light to take a picture was on my front porch.

IMG_1145

It is so wonderful to have power again – to be able to use my computer,  sewing machine, iron, overhead fans, and microwave! 

Bonnie

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow-- I'd say retirement is treating the xs and quilting community well. congrats on lovely stithcing on all fronts.