Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas Scarf

The scarf that I was knitting was taking much too long, and I was getting bored with the slow knitting process.  On top of that, I really didn’t like how it was coming out.

Christmas Scarf 002

It was too skinny and too tight.  I wanted more of an explosion of Christmas colors.  So I tore it all out and started over again, except that I decided to crochet it with a nice loose and easy pattern.

Christmas Scarf 004

It was quick to make and I finished it all in one day.  I’m very happy with the result.  It will dress up my old faux-suede green jacket and give me something festive to wear in the next few weeks. 

Bonnie

5 comments:

MB said...

Methinks it's want some fringe!!!

MB said...

Let me do that again ... "Methinks it wants some fringe!!" ... Methinks I'm up too late and need to get to bed!

Christine said...

So fun!!!

Becky said...

thanks for posting that... we perfectionists need to know that sometimes it is OK to stop, destroy and re-create!!! I love it and can't wait to see it on you over the holidays!!

Anonymous said...

Good decision! I like the way the colors worked up in the crocheted version.

Lesley