Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This and That

Last night I finished up another jigsaw puzzle.  The borders were difficult on this one, but once I got those done, the inside part was a breeze.

Dec 28 2011 001

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My cousin (LA) knit a bracelet several years ago that I admired.  She promptly sent me a kit to make one for myself.  I pulled that kit out and read the directions many, many times, but just couldn’t get it started.  Today I pulled it out again and decided I just didn’t understand the directions, nor did I remember what LA’s looked like, so I just strung the beads and made myself a simple bracelet.

Dec 28 2011 004

It is colorful and I like it a lot.  Thanks LA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A lady at church is loaning our pastor a quilt that will be used as an illustration for a sermon series on some Old Testament stories.  It needed a rod pocket, so I basted a temporary one on today.

Dec 28 2011 005

Here is a sample of one of the blocks.  Can’t show it all as it is not mine to show.  It is a beautiful quilt and the story of it coming together is delightful. 

Dec 28 2011 006

Don’t you just love the wonderful diversity of quilts?

Bonnie

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

Boonie..it must be your other cousin LA that gave you the bracelet...it looks really nice !!!