Monday, February 27, 2012

Almost Seven Years

Yes, it has taken me almost seven years to finally complete this knitted poncho.

knitted poncho 002

I purchased the yarn and pattern in 2005 in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, while on a road trip with friends.  Penny helped me pick everything out and got me started on doing the pattern.

Taking a picture of myself wearing this poncho was rather difficult.

knitted poncho 001

It is a very loose, uneven knit, but light weight and very comfortable to wear.  It also keeps me warm.

knitted poncho 003

There is one scarf left in my knitting bag to finish up and then I would like to try making a pair of socks again.  I wonder if I could get them done in less than seven years……

Bonnie

4 comments:

Penny said...

I looks great! I am proud of you that you stuck with it.

Christine said...

Hey, congratulations! It looks great!

MB said...

Like the poncho! What a great lesson in not "throwing in the towel"!! Now you have a new garment!

As for the socks and seven years ... you'd have one foot covered in 3 1/2!!

Becky said...

What a pretty blue color... glad that you finally finished it... it must feel really good.