Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy discovery

One of my favorite possessions, a leather book weight from Levenger, went missing a few moths ago.  That book weight was always on my kitchen table, holding books open as I read and ate my meals.  One day it was not there and I spent hours frantically looking for it.  Never found it.  I’m thinking it got mixed in with newspapers and went out with the recycle.

Today I decided it was time to purchase a new book weight.  I didn’t want to get another expensive Levenger one, so I looked on Amazon to see what options I might have.  Among the choices was this less expensive type of book weight -

backings and book weight 006

My eyes popped when I saw it because I remembered that I had the exact same book weight at one time.  I went to the desk drawer where I keep my collection of book marks and sure enough, buried in the back of the drawer was this book weight!  I can’t express how happy I am to have found this little treasure.  Gotta go read now…

Bonnie

1 comment:

Penny said...

I have one of these - I wonder where it is.