Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 UFO Challenge–#5 Done ! ! ! !

For Judy’s 2012 UFO Challenge, #5 was chosen for January.  It was a worry for me because even though the quilt was made, it was at the long-arm quilter (Country Threads in Garner Iowa) and I didn’t know if I would get it back before the end of January.  BUT, it came today!!!!  I immediately dropped everything I was doing, sewed on the binding, and hand sewed the binding to the back.  Here it is….

UFO #5 001

It is a small quilt, made from a charm pack called Cherish Nature (don’t know the manufacturer – I bought it long ago).

Here is a close-up of the quilting.

UFO #5 002

And here is the pieced back.

UFO #5 003

I think it looks nice on my entry dividing wall.

UFO #5 004

Now I am excited to see what number Judy draws for February.

My niece, Becky, got her #5 done also. Go take a look – Mustard Seed-Becky.blogspot.com.

Bonnie

9 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats!!! Glad that it came back from the quilter in time.
And on top of that I love the quilt pattern, fabric and colors. And it is perfect on your entry wall.

MB said...

I totally agree with Becky ... looks fabulous!!! The colors are great ... very "proper" looking!!

Diane Kelsey said...

I love the oolours you used in this quilt. A simple but effective design, I'm sure lots of people will want to use it.

Jennifer said...

you're right- it does look great!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! Beautiful quilt!

Dar said...

Bonnie it looks very nice on your hanging place. Congrats.

Sharon-IN said...

This UFO completed is great! Love the back too!

JudyCinNC said...

Beautiful colors - very peaceful and I love the quilting. Judy C

Angie in SoCal said...

Looks great where you put it! A lovely modern quilt - love the back too.