Saturday, January 28, 2012

Design Wall Too Small

How big is your design wall?  I thought mine was pretty decent sized, but in laying out the rows of blocks for my cousin’s quilt, there are three blocks falling off each end of the board.

003

That doesn’t work too well when deciding the arrangement of the rows.  So my solution was to lay all the rows out on my queen-sized bed.

001

Putting numbers on each row will keep everything straight as I add sashing and sew it all together.

002

Still a lot of sewing ahead of me, but once it is all organized, I feel better able to tackle the assembly.

Bonnie

1 comment:

MB said...

Oh my!!! My quilt is gorgeous! It looks fabulous in your red bedroom!! Maybe I'll have to paint that room red! Whatever paint I choose, the bedspreads will be the POP and focal point of the room. Can't wait!