Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Cold Saturday

It was a cold Saturday today – a good day to stay home and work on projects.  While listening to my favorite NPR Saturday morning programs, I finished this simple knitted scarf.

Jan 14 002

Although it does not show up in the picture, there is a nice forest green in the yarn that will match my green ultra-suede jacket.  I think I will wear it tomorrow to church.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also on my agenda for the day was to continue cutting sashing strips for my cousin’s quilt.  Since cutting can get tedious, I began some sewing of the strips and rows.

Jan 14 005

It’s beginning to look pretty good up on the design wall.  In order to be sure the width would be about right, I laid the sewn rows on my guest bed.  With a border added, I think this will be just right.

Jan 14 004

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also worked on another knitting project that has been in my knitting bag for years and years and years.  There was a dropped stitch that I needed to fix, and while holding my breath, I carefully grabbed the dropped stitch with a crochet hook and worked it up the ladder of knitting to the current row.  It is the first time I have ever managed to fix a major mistake like that.  My wonderful Aunt Betty (the knitting Queen) is looking down from heaven and applauding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now it is time to go to the kitchen and make a batch of beer bread muffins.  Yum. 

I’m very grateful for this cold Saturday at home.

Bonnie

3 comments:

Becky said...

The layout of the quilts for MaryBeth are looking good!!

MB said...

Bonnie ... I love the colors!! The beds come on Monday, Jan 23 and I'll measure them once they are up and on the bedframe. Oh my, they look marvelous!!

Lisa said...

Oh that's a lovely scarf, very interesting yarn. It must have been fun to knit.