Tuesday, July 6, 2010

07/06/10 - Food

The author, Geneen Roth, who successfully lost weight and kept it off, talks in her books about eating until you are full and then stopping. I have been working very hard at recognizing when I am full - not satisfied, but full. I think I'm doing well at being aware of the "full" feeling. The hard part is stopping when I reach that full feeling. I'm getting better at it, but on the days that I tend to feel sorry for myself - like it is too hot outside, or I don't have a million dollars, or an insurance bill came in the mail - I just plain do not want to stop eating even though I know I am full. I have to consciously tell myself to stop, get up from the table, and go do something to take my mind off of food for a while. After I get away from the table I can usually end the eating frenzy, but it is that deliberate getting up from the table that takes a great deal of mental effort.

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter.

Lunch - sandwich, TJs veggie sticks, applesauce.

Supper - meat loaf, corn, a few crackers, grapes, one sugar-free cookie.

Snack - almonds.

No comments: