Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Knitting update

The shawl that I am knitting was getting tighter and tighter on the needles.  Even though I was told that it would fit on 40” needles, I was tired of pushing and pulling on my knitting and dreaded the coming rows where I would be adding even more stitches.  
Shawl 002
So I ordered 60” needles and they arrived today.  Aw………..so much better.
Shawl 003
The shawl will have 325 stitches by the time I get to the last row, so knitting one row takes quite a while.  However, I really don’t mind the long rows now that the shawl is spread out on these nice long needles.
signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty...I am sure the breathing room with the longer needles is making life much easier

Beth said...

Bonnie, I love your shawl. what is the name of the pattern? I am working on spighe di Grano. I did have a bit of trouble with the lace. I have little more to go.

carol fun said...

Very pretty shawl! Longer needles do make the project easier to wrestle with - can't wait to see the finished project!

Brenda said...

Love this.