Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tears in my eyes…..

With tears in my eyes I made the monumental decision to throw out my favorite walking shoes.  I have had these shoes for approximately four thousand years, give or take a few.  They are falling apart and do not convey that fashion forward look that is so much a part of me.  (cough, cough)
cleaning1 001
cleaning1 002




















































In my closet, back in the corner, tucked away where no one sees it, is a very dusty cardboard three-drawer container.  Many a night as I drift off to sleep I ponder “What is in that three-drawer container?”  Today I pulled it out, dust bunnies and all, and looked.
cleaning1 003
The top drawer contained shoulder pads.  Hmmm.  When did I last use these and when will I ever use them again?  The other drawers were empty.  I vacuumed up the dust bunnies and decided that this container might be useful at my card (paper crafts) area in the basement (Quilt Studio).


I’m in the mood to clean, purge, and organize.  I should forewarn Goodwill that I will be coming with a carload of stuff!!!


signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shoulder pad photo made me LOL. I had a drawer full of them too, but I THINK they're long gone. Guess I'd better go check :-) ... Yes, I think your shoes are probably ready for retirement - can you find another pair of them at a local store or online?

Still laughing,
Lesley

MB said...

Shoe shopping in our future???