Wednesday, June 23, 2010

06/22/10 - Food

This post is being made on 6/23, but I am going to try and remember what I ate yesterday.

Life is getting back to normal after a chaotic weekend. Yesterday was hot and I was in a crabby mood so today I am beginning to feel like myself again.

Here is yesterday's food -

Breakfast - toast with peanut butter.

Lunch - I work at church on Tuesdays and usually bring a sandwich. However, I did not feel like making a sandwich so I stuffed a container of peach chunks and a 100-calorie pack of peanut-butter crackers in my lunch bag. Not a very nutritious lunch and it did not satisfy my hunger at all.

Therefore, on the way home I stopped at Trader Joe's to get something decent to eat for supper. I picked up several chicken options, some frozen veggie fried rice, and of course lettuce. However, I ended up making scrambled eggs, some O'Brien potatoes and a piece of toast. I have to say though that the eggs were excellent. I bought some cage-free brown eggs. I thought all eggs tasted the same, but these seemed smoother and richer. It could be that I was very hungry, however, I just may decide to have scrambled eggs again tonight.

It is raining and storming here today. If the electricity manages to stay on today I will post again tonight with the foods I ate today. I did lose a few pounds over the weekend, but that was due to stress and eating less than normal. Those pounds undoubtedly will magically re-appear as the week progresses.

No comments: