Saturday, June 26, 2010

Busy Saturday

I just wanted to make a sample block from Sharon Craig's new book, Layer 'Em Up #3, so I chose an easy block and before I knew it, I had a whole quilt top done. It is a good table-topper size, not my colors at all, and the pink sashing kind of takes center stage.

Here is a close-up of one of the fabrics - a scrap piece of musical instruments that has been in my stash for years.

As long as I got the top done, I decided to also pick out a backing and make a binding. I found this wild wavy stripe in my stash and thought it would finish off the quilt nicely.

After spending part of Friday with my friend, Brenda, who is a master stitcher, I decided to start a new stitching project. This piece also has bright colors that are not my usual choice.
I must be in a wild and crazy mood. : )

Today I am very grateful for air conditioning and my nice, chilly Quilt Studio (in the basement).

4 comments:

BrendaS said...

Your quilt looks great and I love the new stitching start! Perfect for summer.

Thank goodness for a/c and basement studios!

Lou Ann said...

And before you knew it, you had a top done....geeeeeeze !!!

Carol said...

I love your bright and cheery new stitching project, Bonnie--it makes me smile just to look at it. Can't wait to see it all finished up :)

MB said...

The pink pops that quilt and makes it appear like 3D artwork! Sounds like you had a wonderful day of energy and purpose ... aren't those lovely? Nothing's a chore but you find yourself moving easily and constantly making progress. What satisfaction!