Friday, August 20, 2010

08/20/10 - Food

I'm back........................

Breakfast - toast and an egg, grapes

Mid-morning snack - TJs veggie sticks and peanut butter.

Lunch - took myself to Baker's Square. I was out shopping and decided I wanted to eat out and be served - no fast food for me. As I ate my lunch I thought about how time and age has changed the way I eat. When I was younger I would have had a bowl of soup, sandwich, chips or fries and a piece of pie. Today I ordered a half sandwich, a cup of soup (no chips or fries) and when the pie came I was full so took it home. You would think that since I am eating less than half of what I used to eat, I would lose weight. No. Not to be. I know I'm less active than when I was younger, but I guess I must have almost no metabolism left in this tired old body. I didn't finish the soup either. Sigh.

Supper - leftover stir-fry veggies and chicken with brown rice, a Skinny Cow ice cream.

To my loyal family and friends that follow this blog - the reason I have been absent since last week is that I went away for the weekend and when I got back I got sick. I got a sore throat, which because of my health history always scares me, and along with the sore throat my head was foggy and I had zero energy most of the time. Even though I was out and about today, I'm still dealing with a sore throat and low energy. Part of the low energy could have to do with the hot, hot weather. I purchased some strong cold medicine today - the PM kind - and will go to bed early in confidence that a night of good sleep and strong medicine will put me back on the healthy track.

While I was out today, I also purchased a book of yoga exercises titled A Morning Cup of Yoga. It is a sweet little book with colorful illustrations. All the exercises (or positions) can be done in the kitchen, in PJs, either standing or sitting - no laying on the floor stuff. The book is emphasizing stretching and breathing with some meditation thrown in. Any one who knows me knows that I do not like exercise and can find any excuse to avoid exercise. However, years and years ago I was in a wonderful yoga class and looked forward to every class. Maybe this little book will bring back the good feelings I had when practicing yoga. Worth a try.

1 comment:

MB said...

Oh yes, the OMMMMMMMM yoga class. I'm giggling!