Saturday, August 21, 2010

08/21/10 - Food

Since I am still battling a sore throat, I had a nice juicy Navel orange for breakfast along with one piece of toast slathered with peanut butter.

Lunch was a green salad with broccoli and tomatoes, and some Trader Joe's Veggie & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips. For dessert I had a WW fudge bar. The creamy cold bar felt so wonderful on my sore throat.


Supper - hmmmm - not so great. I had this prepared meat loaf in my fridge. Doesn't the picture on the package look enticing?
Inside the large tray dwarfed the little meatloaf.

Five minutes in the microwave and you get this greasy compact lump of ground meat.

Look at the package picture versus the actual slices.
Needless to say I was very disappointed. It was not like the meatloaf my step-mother used to make - not even close. There were even several bits of bone or gristle that quickly made my appetite leave. With the meat I had a small portion of mashed potatoes. Not the most healthy meal.


For dessert I had one of these special yogurts. It was very good - smooth, creamy, tasty, and best of all, my throat loved the cool creaminess.
Oh - a side note - I did the yoga from the little book (see yesterday's post) and think that I could do this on a daily basis. Will I? That is the big question. It sure would help keep me limber and active - and feeling like I am doing some form of exercise. Better than nothing, right?

1 comment:

LouAnn said...

Well...ick to the meatloaf and CHEERS to the Yoga...any reason not to keep doing Yogo...uhhhhhhh...NO !!!! I see a class in October for some other older princesses !!!