Friday, September 3, 2010

09/03/10 - Friday

Breakfast - toast and an egg

Lunch - out with a friend to the restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes. Had a nice big salad, a baked potato, and a dish of dark chocolate frozen yogurt with some granola sprinkled on top.

Supper - another small portion of the lo mien

Confession - I baked some oat meal cookies this morning to give as a gift to some friends at church. I've never made this recipe before, so it was only right that I taste one of the cookies to make sure they were OK. Later on I noticed that there was a "runt" cookie that was tinier than the others and wouldn't look good in the container for my friends, so I ate the little cookie. The cookies were very good. I started to reason that they really weren't so bad to have because they were made with oats (good for you), eggs (also good for you), sugar, of which I used 1/2 Splenda. Yes, yes, I know, there was also shortening, but my reasoning again leads me to believe that shortening melts and in the hot oven it must have dissipated - like liquor. Therefore, since the cookies were not all that bad, they must be good and it would be OK to have one more. My mouth and tummy are very happy.

No comments: