Wednesday, September 15, 2010

09/15/10 - Food

Breakfast - toast and an egg


Lunch - leftover sandwich from yesterday, chips


Supper - in the fridge was a bowl of leftover macaroni that was not appetizing at all.  I wanted to add some canned tomatoes to give it more flavor, but I did not have canned tomatoes in the house.  Instead, I added mild salsa.  I also added some chopped cooked broccoli.  Then I baked it again for 10 minutes in a very hot oven.  The new macaroni & cheese dish was excellent.  And I have enough leftover for tomorrow night!  Dessert was a piece of chocolate angel food cake.


All my life I have either been dieting or gaining weight. Today I realized that one of my hopes in doing this blog has become reality.    My hope was to learn how to eat normally - no dieting and no overeating.  If I lost some weight along the way, it was a bonus.  I have learned how to stop when I am full.  I have learned what foods to grab when I feel like snacking.  Am I completely cured?  Oh my goodness, NO.  But I am aware, mindful, and feeling in control.


EXCEPT - I don't exercise, or move enough.  I don't want to set myself up for failure by declaring that I am going to start an exercise regime.  That would have to be categorized as a miracle.  However, I am going to start reporting my "steps" each day just like I report my food intake.  All along I have been wearing a pedometer to kind of see what I average for daily steps.  I know that we are "supposed" to do 10,000 steps a day.  Well, my average is pitifully far away from 10,000 steps.  On a good day I do about 2,000 steps.  I know that is not good - that I should be moving more.  Here are my 10 top excuses for not walking more.


10.  It is too hot outside.
9.    It is too cold outside.
8.    It is raining outside.
7.    My knee hurts.  
6.    I'm too busy.
5.    I'll do it later.
4.    I'll do it tomorrow.
3.    I'm waiting for a phone call.
2.    I don't want to wear out my treadmill.
1.    I'm extremely lazy! ! ! ! 


Therefore, good or bad, I will report my steps each day right before I go to bed, so please add 10 steps to my report as it is ten steps from the computer to my bedroom.  Thank you.


Steps today - 2,930

2 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

counting steps is a good thing!! It is amazing how many steps you can do in your house going back and forth!!! Also marching in place...I think that counts too...when you are waiting for the microwave, etc!!!

LouAnn said...

"Weigh" to go Bonnie...tomorrow you need 2.931 steps...that's it !!! The next day it will be 2,932...easy...peasy....and you're geeting in the groove with the program....My leader asked us today if we wanted to work in the "Diet" Department or the "Lifestyle" Department( we have some psuedo-jobs in a company called 5 in 10)...we all want to work in both departments and be flexible...many of us like rules and organization...that would be the DD...but we also want some flexibility and enjoyment...that would be the LD....so keep on moving forward.....one step(or 2.933) at a time !!!