Monday, September 13, 2010

09/13/10 - Food

Breakfast - This morning I decided to have something different - oatmeal.  I mixed up an envelope of apple cinnamon oatmeal, adding a dollop of peanut butter, and cut up a banana on the top.  I ate the banana, but didn't care much for the oatmeal.  I love oatmeal cookies, but oatmeal for breakfast just doesn't seem to appeal to me. So I had one piece of toast with peanut butter.


Lunch - egg salad sandwich and some chips.  Skinny Cow ice cream for dessert.


Supper -  I was in the mood for comfort food.  I had a package of macaroni and cheese waiting for just such an emergency.  However, I should have known better as I am not fond of "fake" cheese - like Cheez Whiz.  This package contained a little foil packet with gooey "cheese".  I did eat a generous helping, but as I ate I kept thinking that I should have made macaroni and cheese from a recipe, not from a package.  It satisfied my hunger, but not my craving for good macaroni and cheese.  After doing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen, I had my dessert  - half of a nectarine.

No comments: